Thursday, August 3, 2017

Botanical Garden Butterfly Card for Cherish the Memory


"Life is about creating yourself"




I made this card using the Botanical Garden collection! Available from Cherish the Memory

If you take a look at my previous post : Botanical Garden Reverse Canvas, you can see just how different this project is, even though it is using the same collection! 

In addition, I would like to add that this collection was perfect for me to use some of my Tim Holtz accessories which include the metal quote bar and film strip I used to highlight the look and feel I was going for in this card. My Prima Marketing flowers were also a hit with the color scheme! I am super pleased with how well the colors played with each other in this collection. 




The theme of collecting butterflies as specimens and recording them apparent in this collection, allowed me to use these clipboard style accessories for Time Holtz. Choosing to use them was a complete success! It well complimented the earthy vintage tones in the paper.


I love shredding the edges of the paper, to give it the old documented look. The beautiful browns and amber colors begged for some amber colored beads to be added.


"Life is about creating yourself"

As you can see in the picture above, I used twin from Cherish the Memory's store, which can be found here

I tucked in a small found item clock from my mixed media stash because I found it appropriate to the message the quote was expressing. I believe it takes us time to develop and create who we are, just the way it takes butterflies time to become the end product that they become. 


The film strip was just perfect for this strip of fussy cut butterflies at the bottom of the collection's layout pages! It worked out beautifully, framing them just right and making the colors in the background pop.


A side view reveals the layering I sought to achieve with this card. Unlike the level of dimension in the reverse canvas I made prior to the card, cards although limited in dimensional value, can still have dimension!


I hope you enjoyed my post! If you would like to check out this gorgeous collection, here is the link!
Designed for Cherish the Memory 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory

Layers and Distressing  Using Studio Light's Paper Collection "Memories of Summer" Creating Layers Do you ever ...