Thursday, August 3, 2017

Botanical Garden Reverse Canvas for Cherish the Memory


The Botanical Garden paper collection available at Cherish the Memory was a real pleasure to work with in this project! The collection is full of birds, butterflies, and a real botanical treat of flowers and foliage.




Placing these butterflies was my favorite part because the options were endless! To make them stand out, I bent them at the center, to make the illusion that they were batting their wings ready to take off!



This bird's nest that I had been hoarding for a while was the perfect addition to this project from my stash to hold some plastic bird eggs I had leftover from Easter time and painted them with white acrylic paint to compliment the watchful birds on the right.

This project was my first reverse canvas, it taught me that it is definitely the perfect go to form aside from a shadow box that helps create dimension! It was also the perfect excuse to take this bird nest and fill it up with eggs. 

It really didn't take me as long to make this project because the paper was all gorgeous, and fussy cut friendly! The best part is, is that the collection has smaller precut paper pieces, which really makes using these paper bundles from Cherish the Memory very worth investing in if you are short on time! 




 The collection can be found at Cherish the Memory!





2 comments:

  1. Eugenia, this is so beautiful! You've inspired me; I have to try this reverse canvas!! Love the dimension. Love that little nest :)

    ReplyDelete

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory

Layers and Distressing  Using Studio Light's Paper Collection "Memories of Summer" Creating Layers Do you ever ...