Friday, August 17, 2018

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory


Layers and Distressing 

Using Studio Light's Paper Collection"Memories of Summer"



Creating Layers

Do you ever have a hard time choosing background paper from a paper pad? I know I always end up spending more time trying to choose sometimes than I'd like to admit. Anyway, so what I have been doing is just combining different backgrounds from the same paper pad by simply layering them. In a previous project, using the same "Memories of Summer" collection, I die cut portions of the background paper and 3D foam taped it to the card. In this card, (pictured left) you can see that it is adhered all to the base.


In this card, I have used three layered backgrounds. What is different about these layers? I decided to play with the contrast of using a black base for the card, and rather than distressing the backgrounds and using 3D foam tape, I have individually adhered each layer to black card stock, to help visually separate and call attention to each layer. I like to use black when the background graphics are busy in nature to be able to "pop" behind each background and to emphasize dimension. After adhering each of the three backgrounds to card stock of contrasting color, use 3D foam tape to prop each layer up on top of one another to create a tangible experience for the recipient.


Sneaking in Details

This card measures 6x6 and is a perfect size to give you plenty of room when you want to add detail. I can never add enough detail, but I strongly believe that it is okay as long as you are adding detail with a purpose. Detail with a purpose is when you tuck away details in between layers to create a connection between them, but also a fantastic way of keeping the viewer's eye busy! This collection is perfect for that, as it features die cut pages of ephemera, small flowers and travel themed accessories. This lovely collection is available at Cherish the Memory and I have provided links below. I hope you've gotten some insight on how to use layers and create dimension! Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments.










1 comment:

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory

Layers and Distressing  Using Studio Light's Paper Collection "Memories of Summer" Creating Layers Do you ever ...