Friday, August 18, 2017

"Summer Feelings" Embossed Feather Card for Cherish the Memory

A Chic Boho Styled Thank You Card 



Designing this card was SO fun! 

I absolutely love feathers, so when I saw that there was more to the "Summer Feelings" collection than the beach and seashells, I was so excited! Along with the gorgeous pack of paper that I got to play with, was a floral feathered steel die, which created such a beautiful cut, that it left me in awe of the detail it added to my card.


First, I would like to talk about the embossing part of my card. I used black and green glitter embossing powder and used a doily style stencil by Prima Marketing to create the background. I am a sucker for contrast, so I am a big believer in visually attaching the background to the components that will be adorning the card, in this case, the black feather and the dream catcher featured in the card that comes with the Summer Feelings collection. Needless to say, I was pleased that the green glittered embossing powder really stood out against the black powder. Experiment with mixing embossing powders! 


Next, I would like to talk about this incredible die! Available from Cherish the Memory which I will link to at the end of my post. I really wanted to create contrast, but not compete with the dark feather elements, so I used the die to use with matching wood paper from the paper pad from Cherish the Memory. I loved the subtle, yet noticeable delicateness of the die against a lighter background using again, paper from the generous 6x6 paper pad from the collection. This floral feathered die, will definitely become one of my favorite, and versatile dies! It was essential in giving this card, the "chic boho" style.


After working with these collections for a while, I have to say one of my favorite parts is the beautiful sentiments that come with the collection. I used dark colored leather cording with beading to attach the tag to the card, to match the construction of the attached feathers to the dream catcher in the focal picture.


Lastly, what I love the most about this card was the layout and organization of the embellishments. Placing the elements in a card can be quite the challenge when you want to make all the beautiful details the focal point! This was a vital decision when playing with the placement of the feather. I placed the feather in a spot that connected the focal point (the image of the dreamcatcher) to create flow towards the sentiment. I really enjoyed the earthy tones of browns and greens in this card. 

A few more closeups : 

Note the hidden gem. The more you look the more you see! These are placed around the card.

A little bit of dimension goes a long way!





I hope you enjoyed viewing my card!

Here are some of the materials I used from Cherish the Memory Etsy Store :
Click on the image to be taken to the Etsy listing for purchase.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/542493693/summer-feelings-f48-easy-embossing-and?ref=shop_home_active_17

https://www.etsy.com/listing/529612138/empheria-studio-light-easys565-summer?ref=shop_home_active_22

https://www.etsy.com/listing/529658590/summer-feelings-ppsf54-15-x-15cm-paper?ref=shop_home_active_12

https://www.etsy.com/listing/535196866/studio-light-summer-feelings-delux?ref=shop_home_active_11

2 comments:

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory

Layers and Distressing  Using Studio Light's Paper Collection "Memories of Summer" Creating Layers Do you ever ...