Thursday, May 18, 2017

"Summer at the Beach" Canvas for Cherish The Memory



Hello and Welcome!  


In this blog post I will be sharing the latest project that I have designed
for 
Cherish the Memory : A Mixed Media Canvas

The Crafting Kit Used: 



I used the Studio Light "Summer at the Beach" Deluxe Crafter's Kit, which can be purchased here.

Making the Canvas


To start my project I used a new primed canvas and a chipboard anchor from my local craft store. The materials needed for this project were mostly basic art supplies such as twine or raffia (which you can get from Cherish the Memory's Etsy shop, texture paste and Acrylic paints. I strongly feel that this project can be recreated by anyone, mainly because I had so much fun creating it, and the only technique I found myself using was just having fun and the rest fell into place.


The Close Ups


Some seashells were added to "nesting spots" on the anchor to create a grounded look against the canvas. Finding seashells on the beach is my most fond memories of summer vacations spent with my parents, so there is much to remember when I used these. 


I used texture paste from Finnabair called "White Crackle" to give the anchor an aged look. Similar texture pasts can be used on the canvas prior to the acrylic to add interest to the background. I sourced my colors from the vibrant blues and greens from the Summer at the Beach kit.


Despite having used a total of two real seashells, the kit contained such a generous amount of paper ones that when used altogether it really made them look incredible and realistic. Having the ones from the kit allowed me to strategically place them in places I otherwise could not have used had I used real ones. Look at those stars! The red starfish were my absolute favorite. They also brought out the red in the lighthouse and really tied the canvas together as the red really popped out against the hues of blue and sea green. 


I love the kit's versatility in choices. I chose to use this ship to give the canvas a more masculine feel.


The kit was full of fun scenes and accessories such as chairs, beach fences, buckets of sea life and lanterns! This kit is definitely friendly for everyone. 


I really enjoy using paper crafting kits, especially when making a mixed media project. The kit was so well organized and matched so beautifully that it took a lot of the guesswork out when creating this mixed media project. In this picture I took a scrap piece of leftover paper and applied it to this canvas, because the color matched the rest of the adornments just perfectly. 

I hope you enjoyed the blog post! Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions or comments!

Here are the links in case you missed them earlier :



 Cherish the Memory Etsy Store















2 comments:

  1. Beautiful project, love it so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous details! Loving that crackle on the anchor, and your mixed media is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory

Layers and Distressing  Using Studio Light's Paper Collection "Memories of Summer" Creating Layers Do you ever ...