Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Lemoncraft's Vintage Time Simple Doily Card with Layers

Simple Vintage Time Card designed for Cherish the Memory
using "Gossamer Blue" Paper Pad



Once in a while, I challenge myself to stick to good old paper and adhesive for the sake of good simple design. Well, maybe with some ribbon and tiny embellishments thrown in ;) 

This card was a quick make, probably spent an hour and a half at the most with the most time consuming part being drooling at the paper choices and figuring out the layout.


Love Nuvo drops by Tonic. They are my go to product for even the simplest of projects. I love that drops can be added to even the most simplest card, and still add that detail I crave!


This little girl was my favorite feature of the collection! I knew that when I used her that I would save her for the simplest project, so that she may be the center of attention. I made sure to center her in the middle of the doily for the focal point on my card.


Flair buttons are fairly new to my crafting arsenal, but already have a hard time seeing myself crafting without them. In this case, it is a perfect embellishment over top of a ribbon bow, making it look as if it is holding the card closed.


The challenge I had with this card, for me because I'm detail oriented, was giving this card depth and dimension without making it a mixed media card, or losing it's simplicity. You can easily layer a simple card by playing with the paper itself, by using a bit of foam tape I created a "booklet" effect by placing strips of the different patterned paper in the paper pad and gave each one a different placement to make it appear as if each strip was essentially a "page" descending from left to the right. The beautiful music sheet really helped me achieve that look. To further accentuate this, I made sure the paper doily was beneath the strips.


See that little heart there? If you look closely, I have scattered and glue down little tiny hearts. They are hearts that were die cut leftovers punched out from a Spellbinders die I used for the blue rose doily behind the little vintage girl. 


Thank you for checking out my blog post on this simple card! These gorgeous Lemoncraft papers and flair button can be purchased at Cherish the Memory. Links below!







1 comment:

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory

Layers and Distressing  Using Studio Light's Paper Collection "Memories of Summer" Creating Layers Do you ever ...