Thursday, February 8, 2018

Mixed Media Butterfly Canvas for Cherish the Memory



Lemoncraft Vintage Time Mixed Media Canvas

"Great things take Time"

 

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first post of the new year! It has been a short while since I have last felt like I really "created" anything, so you can say I was more than ready to make this mixed media canvas!

This is my first time working with Lemoncraft papers, which are beautiful Polish papers that you can get from Cherish the Memory Etsy store. The links to the products will be at the end of this post!



The overall layout of the canvas is a rather busy one, so I wanted to make sure that the background stayed light and subtle, so as to not be distracting and remain a background all the while containing just enough color to tie the background with elements of the face of the canvas. 

For the background I used : 

Tim Holtz Stencil
Finnabair Mini Art Stones
Finnabair  Patina Effect Mint-Green Paste
Finnabair Acrylic Paint in Opal Magic "Blue-Gold"
For the splatter effect : Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in "Black Soot"



My favorite part of the canvas is this elegant chipboard piece by Creative Embellishments. I used heavy black gesso to give it that beautiful black matte effect. These lovely butterflies were fussy cut from Lemoncraft fussy cut papers which are listed below.


I love Tim Holtz Idea-ology stickers! They are perfect for all mixed media projects, so I love using them in mine. I especially love that they come in black and white, so this black sentiment was perfect for creating the contrast I needed for the black accents in the layout.



I mainly drew inspiration from this lovely flair button for my canvas! I love contrast, and I wanted to marry the black and white beauty of the wings along with the soft warmer browns and creams into the color palette for that vintage look that these papers are styled after.

                                 

I used organic fibers to help give dimension to the center frame/piece of the canvas. The chipboard frame received the same treatment as the elegant scroll chipboard, to make the center piece pop and to play along with the black in the pansies. I loved the garden effect the paper flowers and paper leaves had! It made the canvas seem as though it was "sprouting" which is always a good thing, considering I am as far from having a green thumb as possible! :) 

                            

I took a chance on using white crackle paste and white acrylic paint to give this chipboard piece an aged shabby look. I wanted it to look as though time had passed and the "wildlife" had essentially taken over, and luckily I ended up loving it! You MUST take chances.


Love dimension! The more the better! What I love even more are rhinestone embellishments. I love all things sparkly, and they are excellent at creating depth by reflecting light amongst the back layers.





I hope you have enjoyed my post! We are into February now, but I hope you have had a great start to the year already. 


Eugenia Redmond



https://www.etsy.com/listing/589290965/lemoncraft-vintage-time-007-a4?ref=shop_home_active_13


 Fussy Cutting Sheet A4

https://www.etsy.com/listing/573160712/lemoncraft-gossamer-blue-button-and?ref=shop_home_active_13

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/586968773/lemoncraft-6-x-6-gossamer-blue-card?ref=shop_home_active_11

6 comments:

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory

Layers and Distressing  Using Studio Light's Paper Collection "Memories of Summer" Creating Layers Do you ever ...