Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Mixed Media Ornament for Cherish the Memory


Wood plaque ornament for Christmas! 

An alternative or addition to Christmas cards

  

 More than a Christmas Card

As much fun as card making can be, when you're thinking about friends and family during holiday time, cards are the obvious choice. But, what if you wanted to make something relatively quick and easy and still get that WOW factor? Something that is simply more than just a card that friends and relatives might just want to hold onto longer.

 Class Christmas Kit


To make the ornament, I used the Classic Christmas paper kit sold by Cherish the Memory along with a simple wood slice, which I found at my local craft store for a couple of dollars.

Supplies Needed:


Paper Kit 
Wood slice
Drill (to make the hole)
Ribbon
Glue/Foam Tape
Embellishments 



Embellishments 

Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops in Red Berry 
Glossy Accents by Ranger
Paper Flowers by Recollections
Snowflake Paste by Prima Marketing



I am crazy about layers! Lots and lots of layers with the use of foam mounting tape.


A great home decor item for everyone!




A little bit about the construction

  • Mark a hole big enough for the width of your desired ribbon and drill. 
  • Detail the first layer of snowflake paste so that the ornament gets the "just snowed on" look! 
  • There are several tutorials out there that show you how to make your own if you happen to not have the one by Prima Marketing, which is my favorite thing to use anytime I make a winter piece. 
  • After drying, I took a wreath from the "Classic Christmas" Card kit which you can purchase here. 
  • Add embellishment drops and left to dry. I recommend tucking in heavier duty embellishments like paper flowers so as not to overpower the more delicate pieces. 
  • Slip the ribbon through to tie a bow with extra ribbon left for hanging, then, you're all done!

Making it personal

 This ornament is all about how many paper ornaments you want to use! You can make it as detailed or as simple as preferred. I am absolutely in love with how "complicated" this detailed ornament looks! Many more hours were spent on the Christmas cards I made and it makes me wish I had made more of these instead! So, if you are feeling a little adventurous and want to try something new, or just want to do something different for a change that can be made last minute, make sure to give this a try! I think I will be making these next year in addition to Christmas cards, because I like to overwhelm myself, haha!



I am a sucker for the beautifully foiled images in the card kit.



Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I hope you've enjoyed this fun, yet simple and easy alternative to a Christmas card. 





https://www.etsy.com/shop/cherishthememorycouk?ref=search_shop_redirect
Cherish the Memory

6 comments:

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory

Layers and Distressing  Using Studio Light's Paper Collection "Memories of Summer" Creating Layers Do you ever ...