Tuesday, July 18, 2017

"Seas the Day" Card for Cherish the Memory


"Seas the Day" Shipwreck Beach Card

Created with beautiful paper from Cherish The Memory 




A Simple and Masculine take on a Beach Card!


Just recently, I have been creating feminine projects,which tends to be my usual go to style so I decided to do something a little different and take on a bit of a masculine/unisex feel with this card! My goal was a look that both sexes would enjoy with a touch of simplicity, but not too simple, nI believe I successfully achieved with this card.



I used a 6x6 card size because the background paper is taken from Cherish the Memory's wonderful 6x6 paper pads, the perfect size for cards when looking for a squared off shape.


I chose to stick mainly with paper products for this card, with the exception of the raffia and twine, allowing the card to have the simple yet beautiful look I was going after without having to make a mess with my usual mixed media supplies.


Blue Raffia and jute twine was used to create the horizontal borders around the pictures to create a frame effect. This raffia pairs perfectly with the paper in the Romantic Summer collection at Cherish the Memory and can be purchased here


I loved and had fun placing the different kinds of beach paper accessories in and around the frame to tie the images into the background, making sure I stuck with the color scheme for a perfect matching theme. Despite the more masculine look to this card, in comparison to my previous project, it is not "too" masculine, or overly pronounced to where it couldn't be gifted to a female friend or relative. I personally am drawn to blues! Blue is essential to the ocean and any beach themed art project. Particularly this hue of blue that the paper collection exhibits, it's just so aquatic and pretty.


Here are some more close up shots of the card :




I hope you enjoyed viewing this card as much as I enjoyed stepping out of my comfort zone with this lovely self challenge. It was so well worth it! Always challenge yourself, your abilities may surprise you! 


Please make sure to check out Cherish the Memory's Etsy shop for more lovely paper products!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory

Layers and Distressing  Using Studio Light's Paper Collection "Memories of Summer" Creating Layers Do you ever ...