Monday, September 25, 2017

"Frozen Forest" Mixed Media Card for Cherish the Memory


A Bushy Tailed and Sparkling Foil 6x6 Card



Snowflakes and Squirrels

Although Fall has just started, it is imperative that anyone who plans on gifting Christmas/Holiday cards this year, start right now! I surely have made the mistake before that the idea of starting cards a month before December was perfectly okay! Hence, though it might seem a little silly (especially when you live in Texas, like myself) it is absolutely necessary to have that extra time so that you can create beautiful, and detailed cards...even if you are creating simple ones, because needless to say, life happens! Luckily, this cute card was created from the Frozen Forest 6 Complete Card Kit from Cherish the Memory which I will link below. 

The great thing about this Frozen Forest Card Kit, was that all the paper embellishments and backgrounds were supplied by the kit. This made making the card an undaunting task. It was nice to find all the matching pine cones and foliage to compliment this cute squirrel enjoying a snack in the snow.

I hope you enjoy these close ups of my card! Read the captions below each image to learn about how the card was made.


The foreground layer is a sheet of vellum with foiled stars. I felt that it was a perfect match to the second base layer which you will see later, has foiled stars on it as well. This is my favorite kit to date, as there is a lot of foil. I love everything sparkling and shining! I adhered clear seed beads using clear medium, and some snowflake paste, both by Finnabair Prima Marketing. The strands are embroidery floss, by DMC in #E5200 and #E168. They are gorgeous metallic strands of silver and white.


I found these snowy white Prima Marketing flowers in my stash, so I decided to embellish them with a gem to make them match the silver theme of the card. The pinecones and leaves are part of the kit, there are many!


I wanted a lot of sparkle, but didn't want to lose contrast, so I incorporated some brown sequins.


I used the snowflake paste throughout the background, so that it would match the wintry scene the squirrel is in. I love adding texture whenever I can, they also helped the sequins and beads look as if they are in the snow.


The stamped "Snowflakes.." image is from the Sweet Winter Season stamp set which is linked below.


The card is super shiny with the added embellishments and foiled paper. It was a challenge to get the lighting to reflect this, so I tilted the viewpoint but the card itself has so much more shine in person. 


I hope you enjoyed my card! Thanks for checking out my post! As stated, here are the items used to make the card : 



You can purchase the kit here : Frozen Forest Kit 








4 comments:

"Wrapped in Adventure" Layered Card for Cherish the Memory

Layers and Distressing  Using Studio Light's Paper Collection "Memories of Summer" Creating Layers Do you ever ...